Ten-to-Win with Kim Anthony: Top 10 Habits of Highly Exceptional People
Upland, CA-- Exceptional people seemed to have mastered the habit is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well. The result? Sustainable excellence and success. In this edition of "Ten-to-Win," Kim shares the Top 10 Habits of Highly Exceptional People.
1. They focus on excellence over excess. Instead of allowing themselves to be distracted by excessive details and expectations, they focus on being excellent in what’s most important to them first.
2. Their health and well-being are as important as their goals. Highly exceptional people know that without health, virtually nothing is possible. They eat healthy, exercise regularly, and always make time for recreating, spiritual reflection and renewal.
3. They know their strengths and compensate for their weaknesses. Everyone has things that they are naturally talented at -- and some things, well, not so much. Highly exceptional people operate in their areas of strength -- but, they don't deny their shortcomings. They ask for support.
4. They trust and follow their intuition. Highly exceptional people tend to be very tuned-in to their instincts. They tend not to cater to society's expectations of them – and follow their heart and inner-compass towards what they expect from themselves.
5. They set high standards for themselves. And although they routinely set high standards for themselves, they don’t allow the concept of this level of excellence to intimidate them. They set big goals and then simply pour themselves into doing their absolute best.
6. They plan their work and work their plan. Highly exceptional people are clear about what they want for themselves, both professionally and personally. Then they tend not to settle for delivering anything less than their absolute highest and best.
7. They show Kindness.
Kindness comes naturally to exceptional people. It is consistent in how they treat, think about, and speak to others. They are genuine and come from a sensitive place. Although being kind may be perceived as weakness or vulnerability by others, exceptional people understand that kindness is one of their strongest influences.
8. They set SMART goals. They don’t just create "to-do lists. They always factor in any resources needed as well as time for travel, traffic and delays.
9. They are notorious single taskers. Highly exceptional people know multitasking is a myth. They believe that being a "jack of all trades" renders them "a master of none," and instead choose focus and discipline on one task -- or project at a time.
10. They adjust their course, as needed. They know that success rarely happens in a straight line. It's more like a guide missal that veers to the left to the right -- always keeping focus on their ultimate goal, constantly evolving, integrating new strategies, and reevaluating after each step.
Kim Anthony-Morrow brings 30 + years of personal development training to her role as the Founder and Lead Facilitator for the Urban Excellence Trainings. Urban Excellence provides world-class personal growth and development programs that are culturally relevant -- and affordable. For more information, or a scholarship to attend a One-Day Mastermind Retreat visit UrbanExcellenceTrainings.com or call 310-773-6140 or 909-949-3099.